NST #ESSAY4SEAA CONTEST
Terms & Conditions
- This “NST #ESSAY4SEA” Contest is organised by the New Straits Times.
- The Contest is subject to the terms & conditions stated herein and the Organiser reserves the right to vary, add, modify and or alter these terms & conditions as and when it deems fit.
- By participating in the Contest, the participant declares that he/she has read and understood the terms & conditions herein and agrees to be bound by them.
- The contest is open to:
i) Malaysian students between the age of 10 and 18 years old with a valid (blue) identity card.
ii) All types of schools with Malaysian syllabus.
- The Contest is not open to employees of the Organiser (Media Prima Berhad, New Straits Times Press and New Straits Times) and their immediate family members.
C. Contest Mechanics – How To Participate
1. Participants are required to write an essay with the following topics:
Category A (10 – 13 years old)
Topic: If you were the Prime Minister, what would you do for the environment?
(Essay should be no fewer than 500 words and no more than 750 words)
Category B (14 – 18 years old)
Topic : What young Malaysians must do to fight climate change?
(Essay should be no fewer than 850 words and no more than 1,000 words)
2. Email to [email protected]
3. Include the following details in the email:
- Full name
- I/C number
- Contact number
- Parent/Guardian/Teacher’s name
- School name
D. Contest Period
- This Contest will commence on xx August 2021.
- Closing date for submission of Entries is on xx August 2021, 11:59pm.
E. Determination of Winners
- A total of three (3) winners from each category will be selected.
- Winners will be chosen based on:
i. Content (adherence to topic, originality of idea, support for arguments)
ii. Form (essay structure, vocabulary, grammatical correctness, spelling punctuation)
iii. Style (writing flair)
iv. Overall impact
- The judges decision is final. No further correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry that are improperly submitted, are significantly less or more than the official word count or have offensive language or content.
- All winning entries will be announced and published in the New Straits Times on xx September 2021.
- All winners will receive the following prizes:
Prizes Category A Category B 1st Place RM500 RM800 2nd Place RM300 RM500 3rd Place RM100 RM300
- The Organiser will require winners to provide proof of identity and eligibility.
- The Organiser will contact the winners for the prize arrangement.
- The Organiser will not be held liable in the event the Winners do not contact the Organiser within three (3) days of announcement of Winners.
- The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit the Prize and select another Winner without being liable or responsible to the Winner in any manner.
- The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or similar value.
H. Other Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be wholly original and not infringe the copyright, intellectual property, or other legal or moral rights of any other person or entity.
- Entrants must provide correct personal details. Any unclear or incomplete information will render the entry void.
- By submitting an entry, all entrants grant the Organiser an exclusive, royalty-free to edit, publish and use each entry in any or all media, including print and online, for publicity and promotional and news.
- No personal information will be disclosed to third parties.